Dental Health Program
Through a unique service agreement with KFL&A Public Health, Kingston Community Health Centres is pleased to offer a dental health program at its 263 Weller Avenue location and at our new Napanee location, 26 Dundas St. Napanee.
Our goal is to provide oral health services to low-income individuals and families with limited or no access to dental care. This improves the quality of care and health outcomes for those at high risk for severe oral health issues while reducing the need to visit the Emergency Department for oral health-related issues.
Who is eligible for dental services?
- Individuals with a family net income less than $35,000
- Individuals on Ontario Works
- Individuals on Ontario Disability Support Program
- Children registered with the Healthy Smiles Ontario Program
- Individuals with Non-Insured Health Benefits
The dental clinic provides basic dental services for children and adults.
Services include dental examinations, radiographs, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, and other basic dental services.
The dental clinic team consists of 2 dentists, a hygienist, and 2 dental assistants. Please call us at 613.507.6064 to book an appointment.
Overall health includes your mouth!
We welcome patients who qualify through the integrated Healthy Smiles Ontario program that expands access to dental services to more children and youth from low-income families. Healthy Smiles Ontario provides free dental care for eligible children 17 years and under living in lower-income families who need support.
Children are automatically enrolled in the program if:
- they receive assistance under:
- Temporary Care Assistance
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
- they or their family receive:
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for your children if they:
- are 17 years of age and under
- live in Ontario
- meet income eligibility requirements
Children who do not meet these income requirements may be eligible for Healthy Smiles Ontario emergency and essential services, or preventive services. Call KFL&A Public Health for more information and to see if your child is eligible at 613.549.1232 ext. 1218.
This program may benefit:
- Adults with a household income under $35,000 and without private healthcare coverage
- Those in receipt of Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program benefits
- Those in receipt of Non-Insured Health Benefits for First Nations & Inuit